As a Senior DevOps Engineer you support our internal product team and development team as the main responsible in building, deploying, maintaining, and automating our software development pipeline from source code to release in production. You are responsible for developing and delivering scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases. As Senior DevOps Engineer you ensure that solutions are built based on company standards and that they can be deployed on company environments (global and local) and customer environments (on prem). You document all processes for which you are responsible.
Your role and responsibilities
Bring in continuous deployment practices to enhance our agile posture
Imagine, architect, develop, deploy, and evolve our CI/CD systems (cloud and local)
Write application deployment automation using industry standard deployment and configuration tools
Design and implement continuous delivery pipelines for provisioning and operating development testing, QA testing and production environments
Provide systems support including responding to monitoring alerts
Stay current with cloud and DevOps industry best practices and tooling
Work with developers to identify necessary Azure resources and automate their provisioning
Document automation processes
Demonstrating company standards implementation to external auditors (ie SOC 2)
CI/CD infrastructure and process troubleshooting
CI/CD pipeline support (setting up new projects and/or troubleshooting)
Work closely with key stakeholders to capture, analyze, and derive DevOps requirements
Prepare clear and concise reports, documents, and other written materials
Analyze, interpret, summarize, and present information and data in an effective manner
Ask targeted questions to quickly understand business or development needs
Collaborate effectively with geographically dispersed project teams, and other stakeholders:
- Strong communication skills
- Strong documentation skills (English writing)
Eye for detail
Take ownership of SDLC processes and tasks
4+ years of hands-on experience with Azure DevOps
Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipelines
Experience with Azure repos, branching, pull requests, code reviews and code analysis tools
Proficient with Git
Hands-on experience on Kubernetes and containerization technologies like Docker and Azure Container Registry
Expertise in debugging and providing solutions & workarounds
Good knowledge of PowerShell and bash scripting
Experience with Azure Functions and Logic Apps is a plus
Experience with Keycloak is a plus
Soft Skills Requirements
High verbal and writing English skills
Structured and analytical mind
Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or equivalent work experience
Microsoft Certification (AZ-400) in Azure DevOps is a plus
- This is not just a job: you get the opportunity to work in the fast changing world of digital work instructions that will change the way people in the field do their job.
- We offer a full-time job within a fast-growing company.
- We are a young team of intelligent and passionate colleagues. We created a work place where you will be challenged, stimulated and encouraged to do your best.
- You will get the opportunity to work with global-500 companies in the Process Industry, Life Sciences, Assembly and Utilities sector.
- Our offices are in Ghent but we do work from home on a regular basis. Results are more important than you being present all the time.
- Work hard, play hard: we make it possible with a competitive salary, insurance benefits, and a personal bonus program based on your achievements. Be rewarded for doing your best.
- Constant learning environment and possibility to attend education or training. Our growth depends on your growth.