As a Senior DevOps Engineer you support our internal product team and development team as the main responsible in building, deploying, maintaining, and automating our software development pipeline from source code to release in production. You are responsible for developing and delivering scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases. As Senior DevOps Engineer you ensure that solutions are built based on company standards and that they can be deployed on company environments (global and local) and customer environments (on prem). You document all processes for which you are responsible.
Your role and responsibilities
- Bring in continuous deployment practices to enhance our agile posture
- Imagine, architect, develop, deploy, and evolve our CI/CD systems (cloud and local)
- Write application deployment automation using industry standard deployment and configuration tools
- Design and implement continuous delivery pipelines for provisioning and operating development testing, QA testing and production environments
- Provide systems support including responding to monitoring alerts
- Stay current with cloud and DevOps industry best practices and tooling
- Work with developers to identify necessary Azure resources and automate their provisioning
- Document automation processes
- Demonstrating company standards implementation to external auditors (ie SOC 2)
- CI/CD infrastructure and process troubleshooting
- CI/CD pipeline support (setting up new projects and/or troubleshooting)
- Work closely with key stakeholders to capture, analyze, and derive DevOps requirements
- Prepare clear and concise reports, documents, and other written materials
- Analyze, interpret, summarize, and present information and data in an effective manner
- Ask targeted questions to quickly understand business or development needs
- Collaborate effectively with geographically dispersed project teams, and other stakeholders: strong communication skills and strong documentation skills (English writing)
- Structured approach
- Eye for detail
- Analytical mind
- Take ownership of SDLC processes and tasks
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Azure DevOps
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Azure repos, branching, pull requests, code reviews and code analysis tools
- Proficient with Git
- Hands-on experience on Kubernetes and containerization technologies like Docker and Azure Container Registry
- Expertise in debugging and providing solutions & workarounds
- Good knowledge of PowerShell and bash scripting
- Experience with Azure Functions and Logic Apps is a plus
- Experience with Keycloak is a plus
Soft Skills Requirements
- High verbal and writing English skills
- Structured and analytical mind
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft Certification (AZ-400) in Azure DevOps is a plus
- This is not just a job: you get the opportunity to work in the fast changing world of digital work instructions that will change the way people in the field do their job.
- We offer a full-time job within a fast-growing company.
- We are a young team of intelligent and passionate colleagues. We created a work place where you will be challenged, stimulated and encouraged to do your best.
- You will get the opportunity to work with global-500 companies in the Process Industry, Life Sciences, Assembly and Utilities sector.
- Our offices are in Ghent but we do work from home on a regular basis. Results are more important than you being present all the time.
- Work hard, play hard: we make it possible with a competitive salary, insurance benefits, and a personal bonus program based on your achievements. Be rewarded for doing your best.
- Constant learning environment and possibility to attend education or training. Our growth depends on your growth.