Are you the Finance and Admin Manager we are looking for ?
As our Finance and Admin Manager, you will perform a wide array of accounts payable and accounts receivable tasks, financial reporting as well as manage the payroll process. You will work closely with the U.S. finance team in the execution of all finance related work. In addition to the responsibilities in accounting, you will support the running and maintaining of the office in Ghent and act as the point of contact for employee-related questions.
This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a small company that also has a global presence in a thriving industry. If you have a solid background in accounting and are willing to roll up your sleeves to expand your skillset, send us your CV!
Your role and responsibilities
- Monthly financial and management reporting for local and U.S. management team
- Full accounting responsibility for EU operations
- Invoicing, payments, AP/AR follow-up, assist with external accountants, credit cards, expenses
- Work closely with SymphonyAI Industrial finance team based in U.S.
- Cash forecast
- Management of insurance portfolio
- Support quarterly status reporting & yearly vital few
- Monthly salary processing
- Holiday planning and sick leave admin
- Manage Comp & Benefits (hospital insurance, pension plan, lease cars, mobile phone subscription)
- Administrative onboarding of new hires (Background check, contract, DIMONA, car, insurance, etc.)
- Communication with SDWorx (outside payroll provider)
- Pay employee expenses
- Assist employees with company related questions
- Support with legal contracts (NDA, PoC, employee contract, contractors)
- Follow up on daily correspondence
- Administrative follow up where necessary with customers, accountants, banks, government authorities, etc.)
- Manage the office (cleaning services, telecom, entrance badges and alarm system, supplies, parking, energy) in collaboration with the owner of the building
- Subscription administration and follow up
- Administration and follow up of research projects
- Support the hiring process: Collaborate with marketing to communicate vacancy; Assist with response and contacts with candidates; Aid in supporting contract proposal; Support in execution and follow up of SOC2 processes (recruitment)
Your profile and qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounting and financial reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Economy, Law or Accounting required, Master’s degree in Economy, Law or Accounting or related, is a plus
- Knowledge of payroll admin is a plus
- Good knowledge of English is a must
- Must be able to work in the office in Ghent ~2 days/week
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well with diverse teams
- Willing to step up and take on new challenges as the company grows
- This is not just a job: you get the opportunity to work in the fast changing world of digital work instructions that will change the way frontline workers do their job.
- We offer a part-time job (3 days/week) within a fast-growing international company.
- We are a young team of intelligent and passionate colleagues. We created a work place where you will be challenged, stimulated and encouraged to do your best.
- You will get the opportunity to work with global-500 companies in the Process Industry, Life Sciences, Assembly and Utilities sector.
- Our offices are in Ghent but we do work from home on a regular basis. Results are more important than you being present all the time.
- Work hard, play hard: we make it possible with a competitive salary, insurance benefits, and a personal bonus program based on your achievements. Be rewarded for doing your best.
- Constant learning environment and possibility to attend education or training. Our growth depends on your growth.