Supported by Gemba Systems Inc., SANY America implemented the Proceedix digital instruction and inspection execution platform. As a result, SANY America’s quality inspectors no longer need to waste time printing and retrieving paper inspection sheets.
Instead, they now have all the right and up-to-date inspection procedures at their immediate disposal - digitally. Instead of holding paper and pen, while climbing in and out of excavators, they can record inspection results hands-free using Google Glasses.
Any quality issues can be documented -including pictures, videos and comments- in a matter of seconds, and communicated instantly. Inspection reports are generated automatically, and custom dashboards show historical performance with powerful drill-down capabilities, enabling focused continuous improvement activities.
SANY America has seen a whole range of benefits from its digitization initiative.
- No more walking back-and-forth to pick up and submit printed paper inspection forms
- Quality inspections are much faster and more accurate, using tapping or voice - instead of writing - to work through the inspection steps
- Repair requests are fully documented and communicated in seconds
- Detailed inspection reports and aggregated performance reporting are generated automatically and available instantly (eliminating the need for manual data entry, copy-pasting pictures, manually updating charts, etc.)
- People are empowered and happy with tools that make their jobs easier
- Overall, SANY’s Quality Team estimates time savings of at least 70%
- Quality performance of the Assembly and Paint teams has improved quickly and very significantly, thanks to thorough inspections, detailed documentation, effective communication, and focused follow-up.
Download the full story here.